Cribbage Board Series - Design Work

After the recent cutting board disaster, figured I would spend the Saturday morning doing CAD designs to bounce back my motivation of woodworking. My goal is to standardize a design as a series, capturing 2, 3, and 4 player boards with the design theme.

I’m in absolute love with the veneer inlayed results I’ve achieved and wanted to continue these features moving forward.

This morning, I sketched up a series for a 2 player, 3 player, and 4 player cribbage board.

2 Player Cribbage Board

3 Player Cribbage Board

4 Player Cribbage Board

Over the next week, I’ll start making each board. The cool thing is, when I cut the diffrent veneer tracks, I’m cutting multiple boards at the same time. The 2 player veneer cut makes 2 boards, the 3 player veneer cut makes 3 boards, and the 4 player veneer cut makes 4 boards. Thats a lot of boards and looking over my material list…I have all the materials to even make the keepsake boxes for each board. Thats a total of 9 total cribbage boards and boxes.

Should be fun!!

14 Likes

That is beautiful work. Never give up doing what you enjoy, especially when you have such skill. What do you make the black outline from?

Thanks!!

Black lines are inlayed colored epoxy.

1 Like

The old saying “When life gives you lemons make lemonade”. Without failure you never achieve success. Everyone has failures the thing about them is how you react. It seems like you reacted well and bounced back. The thing about failure is you always need to learn something about that failure so you do not repeat that mistake. As a woodworker there will always be mistakes and failures. The mark of a true craftsman is not making mistakes but figuring out how to fix them and salvage your work. That said a true craftsman also knows when to drop the whole thing in the trash can and start over. That should be rare but always a possibility. Wood is an inaccurate material with hidden defects and can fool even the best.

I know this sounds like a lot of platitudes but they are true. Always keep reaching even after failing.