Cutting forces with Carbide Create -- and how I got derailed a bit

This looks pretty interesting. Although it’s cool to suggest running in the browser sandbox as an argument against downloading an executable, I wouldn’t have thought it was a deal breaker in this community.

If you’re after feedback or ideas (if you’re not, ignore this :)):

You might find using an rather than a gives you more scope to adjust the visuals since you can draw path segments and beziers directly. SVG’s also support css-based animation so you can indicate speed with moving dashed lines which would be pleasing.

You look to be C/C++ in your style (naming convention etc) - have you considered typescript instead of javascript just in case this project gets bigger?

1 Like

feedback always welcome… I might need to ponder what do with it, but it’s always welcome :wink:

yeah I’m from the dark side… this is just about the first javascript app I’ve “written” (other one being https://fenrus75.github.io/FenrusCNCtools/javascript/stl2png.html ) and both really arejust a direct port of existing C/C++ code (in the same git repo)
I’ll google typescript :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 26 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.