Dust hose dress with Suckit or similar boot

This is what inspired me to build my boom holder:

I saw the PVC pipe and raided the local Home Depot plumbing department, haha!! I originally had it draped back like yours, except with rigid pipe, then I decided to get rid of some bends. The way you mounted yours though was a very direct inspiration for mine. Cool stuff!!!

Dan

2 Likes

That looks really great Dan. I like the way you have extended the bracket out to accommodate the 4" hose. Unfortunately I don’t have the luxury of a high enough ceiling to take my hose upward. My solution is not quite as versatile but works fine for me.

Hi Patrick,

I really like how you make your hose bracket, It looks really neat.
I just bought my Shapeoko XL and just ordered suckit dust shoe, exactly same set up as yours.
Would you mind to share the Carbide file of the wooden bracket that you created?
I live in Sydney, my email is orrrmygod@gmail.com

Cheers

ORRR

G’day ORRR. I’d really love to share but - and I am a bit embarrassed to say this, I made it on the drill press not my 3XL. I could probably knock one up for you if you don’t have the facilities. I live in Brisbane and will PM you tomorrow.

1 Like

That would be great Patrick. I’m very new to wood work and have very basic tools.
Thanks

I came up with an idea to use 80/20 extruded aluminum to make a dust hose rail. Worked out pretty well! The hose is zip tied to an insert into the rail and slides with the action of the router.

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/B2Va-Xdg7DV/

3 Likes

@fiero1 I recommend The Dustopper
It will keep your vacume clean and save you the cost of changing your vacume’s filter.

1 Like

@DanoInTx The link for the item that inspired you to build the boom holder is a 404 not found link.

The pvc hose holder by @patonclover above. I think that’s what it was at least, that comment is 2 years ago, or 24 in dog years.

Dan

Yep! 2 years old Dan and still going well, keeps the hose out of the way.

I like @i3oilermaker 's idea of using 20/20 extrusion and i’ll look into it, thanks Brad.

1 Like

This is the post that shows what I did for my dust boom, maybe another solution. Beware, this post is very long:

Dan

This is another setup. Pivots with the motion of the router. Like the other ideas,too. :smiley:

Patrick, I have the 3XXL and just made a simple armature with two long hinges.
and a CNC made hose holder that just uses friction to hold it in place.
Crude but I was in a hurry to get to “Not making Dust” The Suck it has been fantastic. I had an issue with one side of the clear arms flared out “Bad drill hole” but they are sending a replacement. Cant say enough about their service.
Here are the pictures, just scrap pine and $5 set of hinges.![IMG_7049%202|666x500](upload://

xYkex1GU6huvCEg2UupSpkNatYE.jpeg)

2 Likes

Cheap but clever Tony. And yours too Brian.

Thanks for sharing. Patrick

1 Like

Are those threaded holes in the white board?

You must have been watching too many waste board videos. Just regular peg board. I did the whole shops upper 4 foot with peg board and the lower with OSB. 12x20

You put peg board on the bottom of the Shapeoko? The board on the bottom of your Shapeoko has alternating holes. Is the peg board your secondary wasteboard? I see that you have a couple of clamps screwed to the white board.

Hello,

That white looking surface is aluminum tooling plate with drilled and tapped holes. It is the mounting plate for the entire Shapeoko assembly. The MDF board on top of that is my working surface and surfaced with the router. Clearance holes drilled thru to match the aluminum sub plate. The overhang to the front has threaded inserts epoxy glued in.

Brian

He was referring to my shop walls with white peg board.

:laughing: :rofl: Well anyhow it covers future questions.