Editing tool diameter

I am trying to change the diameter of a tool in the tool database. CC does not seem to accept a value with a decimal point. It keeps returning to the highlighted input field for the tool diameter. Even when I copy an existing tool, click edit and immediately ok it does not accept the value. I have been spending quite some time on this and am getting quite annoyed.
Does anybody have a solution for this?

I am using Build 520, Built on: 2021-03-09

Possibly the good old internalization issue?

See Doesn't accept decimal points in mm values

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, but… really?!

I was quite happy working with CC, although it is clearly made for dinosaur units.
But I have to change my machine settings for the software to work? We did that somewhere in the last century. It is a no go for me. Will this be fixed in a new version or should I just bin CC?

I wouldn’t know. Maybe @WillAdams does.

It’s up to you, me I just swallowed that pill, changed the settings on my machine, and I’ve been using it like that for 3 years with no annoying side effect that I can tell.

1 Like

This is in the hands of the developers.

Folks who want this aspect of internationalization addressed should write in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll do our best to tally them and see if numbers will sway the developers.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.