Error (1) error in line 20: arc endpoint error?

I would suggest contacting Vectric tech support — they should be able to guide you through selecting a post processor which works (if they’ll support 7 yr. old software).

1 Like

I see what your talking about. The area that shows the list of processors for different machines. The one I picked was the default AXYZ 4010 Arcs (inch) (*.nc)

Yes, this is a drop-down list which shows up when you use the “Save” button to save your toolpath.
See this Vectric page.

There will be a long list of post-processors there, and you will need to find one that is suitable for use on a Nomad, so Will’s advice to contact Vectric support is your best bet, because Aspire version 4 may not have included a suitable post-processor at the time. BUT, it probably supported adding post-processor files, so there is hope. Best case scenario, the current Shapeoko/Nomad post-processor would be backwards compatible with Aspire 4, but I don’t know that for a fact, Vectric support will know

1 Like

Do you have one named something like “GRBL” in the list maybe ?

No unfortunately, the list is huge though. Thanks for the advise, I already understand this a bit more. Guess switching to mm would be a waste of time with that same default processor. I may just upgrade to Aspire’s Cut2D if its compatible.

Thanks for the help guys, I’m super impressed by how fast you guys get back with customers.

1 Like

Seems there is one listed here about 5 replies down. Its a Grbl post processor for VCarve. Would that work for any Grbl systems?

GBRL Post Processor - Vectric Customer

1 Like

So, this would probably work, but that post is from 2019, so if you are going to test something with your “old” Aspire 4 software, you might as well try the fancy VCarve/Aspire post-processor that our own @neilferreri created for the Shapeoko:

Grbl_mm_TC.zip (1.4 KB)

I only ever used it on a Shapeoko not a Nomad, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.

You can give a try, it’s worth a shot and will not break anything in Aspire if it is not compatible:

• unzip the file above to get the uncompressed Grbl_mm_TC.pp file
  • open Aspire
  • in the File menu, click on “Open Application Data folder” (assuming your old Aspire version has this entry?), it will open a file explorer at the location where the Aspire post-processors are stored.
  • there should be a “PostP” subdirectory there, navigate into that directory and copy the Grbl_mm_TC.pp file there
  • close and restart Aspire: if you go back to the Save button, you should now see of “Grbl(mm) TOOLCHANGE (*.nc)” entry in the long list, select that and save the G-code file.

I’m writing this having never had a look at Aspire 4, so it may just not be possible, but let’s see…
(that, or you can also wait for Vectric’s support response, obviously! :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Thank you sir, I will give it a try and let you guys know how it goes. Seth

1 Like