Foolproof belt tensioners needed

Aaahh. So the slots for the belt are pretty wide. Hard to judge the scale.

Yup. Especially if you shorten the lever or move the fulcrum up to get more range.

Yup. I tried to design it so that the one design will work for all three belts on the Shapeoko 3. There doesnt need to be a left one and a right one. It might also work for the Shapeoko 4 as I think it uses the same profiles and the belts general locations are the same, just wider.

2 Likes

Updated version:

5 Likes

Resurrection!
So, I downloaded Neil’s files from Thingiverse…
First time printing with PETG on my Ender 3 and it went well!

I mounted the tensioner base on the steel frame and used it as a guide.

With some Tap Magic and these cheap Uxcell 3.5mm Cobalt drill bits, I drilled three through holes across the slot.

I then removed the tensioner base and used the cordless drill side-to-side with the bit through each hole in attempt to remove the most material.

With the trusty C3D #102 end mill and my Dremel I removed the rest then hit it with a file or grinding stone in the Dremel.

I slotted the frames only at one end of each belt. These pictures are of the better looking slot out of the three.

I took the opportunity to install these steel core belts that I had ordered a long time ago when they were still the rage.

It’s not the first time and I imagine it won’t be the last time I say it either… thanks @neilferreri

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.