Getting Post Processor set up in Fusion

Hi, new to Nomad. Fusion wants Post Processor selected on setup now, How do I get this set up

We have notes on this at:

1 Like

Where does it ask that?

Iā€™ve actually already looked at that. The thing is that it isnā€™t like that anymore and there is no Carbide3d.cps listed that I can see

See screenshot. When Creating a new setup in Machining workspace, the first page has ā€œSelect Machineā€

This is what the Post Process tab now looks like
ice_screenshot_20210728-144447

Blanius: Where you define the post processor is in the ā€œActionsā€ tab. See the top, 3/4th of way to the right side:

The ā€œSetupā€ are you showing is only to define the stock, the workpiece orientation, zero location, etc, and has nothing to do with CarbideMotion / GRBL.

3 Likes

AH HA! Found itā€¦ Itā€™s a little different now:
Video removed

1 Like

You donā€™t need to select a Machine. We had a big thread on that somewhere. Iā€™ll dig out a link later.

Post process is in the same spot on the toolbar in the ā€œActionsā€ panel. I donā€™t remember it being anywhere else.
Edit: Just as @kelaa stated already.

2 Likes

Ok sorry, I havenā€™t used Fusion for Machining and I though it used to be on the Setup on the last tab

1 Like

Hereā€™s the link to last thread about machine definitions.

2 Likes

Might be worth noting that Fusion is likely to change these dialogs and features around again soon as theyā€™re trialling NC programs as the new way to post CAM

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=MFG-POST-PROCESS-NC-PROGRAM

Iā€™ve been using that preview feature for a few weeks now and I think itā€™s a huge improvement.

Iā€™ve been doing the same.
Curiousā€¦Why do you like it better?

1 Like

Aside from it fixing the target folder bug on OSX, the main aspect I like is that I can group the CAM paths that use the same cutter together into a named NC job which I can then just re-post with the same filename, overwriting the old one by just right clicking on the NC job after messing with toolpaths to fix things.

You can also really easily re-export just a couple of toolpaths, say when sneaking up on a measurement just by unchecking the others in the NC job.

I did confuse myself a bit by deleting and adding toolpaths in my folders under the setups and forgetting to go edit the NC job selections but I know that nowā€¦

Iā€™ve also found the stock ā€˜from preceding setupā€™ to be an excellent addition for multi-sided machining, especially using the simulation to check what youā€™re cutting and when.

So, what did you like about it?

2 Likes

Are you guys paying for Fusion?

Noooop, not me.

The pay features Iā€™d like are extra on top of the $400 / year such as the 4th axis machining and I donā€™t sell anything from my machine so I donā€™t feel guilty about it :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 10 days. New replies are no longer allowed.