GRBL Alarm 4 Followed by a Serious Problem

I plugged in my Bit Zero V2 (BZ) today for the first time into my Pro 5 machine. During my setup for my initial project using this device, I received a GRBL alarm. Given that I was more interested in running my project than troubleshooting the I just decided to unplug the BZ and moved on to manual zeroing of the tooling. So I reinitialized the machine, added my tooling and hit next to proceed through the BitSetter Process. Nothing happened, except for a pop up window with the GRBL alarm 4 indicating a problem with the probe positioning, but why, the tool is a good 2" above the BitSetter.

So I thought I’d go back to the bit zero problem, I powered down the machine and my computer and restarted everything. I repeated the sequence with the same result. I went to the community site to see what I could read when something terrible happened. I heard a “Pzt” sound from my left, smelled ozone and then saw smoke rising from behind the illuminated “C” at the front right corner.

I immediately send an email to the C3D Team for support. Hopefully, this won’t take long to resolve. Needless to say, everything will be powered down until the team gets back with me. At this point in time this is just account of my afternoon trying to run a project.

I’ll point you to the below thread - sounds like what others (including myself) have been working through. I believe this issue has been isolated to the front plate electronics. The support team has been working with those impacted.

1 Like

Ensure you have plugged the Bit Zero and Bit Setter into the correct connectors in the right front of the machine.

That wasn’t the first thing I checked, but definitely in the first 5 checkpoints. It was connected correctly? :grin:

Not surprising, but the C3D team got back with me very quickly. Apparently it’s a problem with the front power end plate. They should have one in the mail heading in my direction very soon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.