Groovee Jenny 60 Degree Vee

Someone had posted about a bit called Groovee Jenny 60 degree vee bit and I got one. This is the 3rd project I have used it on. This bit has impressed me. This project was that white pine made in Idaho that Lowes sells. Frankly the pine is horrible but this is for a 2x4 contest. The crappy pine is carved so well it will not require cleanup.

The url is on the pic of the door sticker.

The pics are still on spoilboard wirh no touch up.

6 Likes

Looks like they have some other interesting cutters as well. Definitely bookmarking that site for when I start woodworking in full force.

Is there a page somewhere where you can find the feeds and speeds to input into Carbide Create? I just bought four of the bits, and would like to take full advantage

If you go on their website and click the shop button. There is a Feeds & Speeds selection with the charts. I will definitely be buying some of these when the 30 degree is back in stock

I just use the #302 60 degree Vee Bit from C3D.

Here is my custom tool for the Groovee Jenny 60 degree Vee Bit.

number vendor model URL name type diameter cornerradius flutelength shaftdiameter angle numflutes stickout coating metric notes machine material plungerate feedrate rpm depth cutpower finishallowance 3dstepover 3dfeedrate 3drpm
702 Cadance Mfg Groovee Jenny 702 Groovee Jenny vee 0.375 0 0.375 0 60 3 1.5 0 20 35 18000 0.08 0.08 2 35 18000

How do you think it would do on aluminum?

You should not use downcut tooling in metal — it leads to re-cutting of chips which is bad for the tool and bad for cutting.

V endmills have delicate tips which are all-too easily broken when cutting metal, hence our #501 and #502 having rounded tips.

1 Like

do the rounded tips affect the geometry of the vcarve much? I had never noticed their rounded tips before.

The 501 & 502 are engraving bits but can be used for thin lines. Vee bits on vcarve go down center of lines and try to touch both sides. So engraving bits are not as deep as 301 &302. As @WillAdams said vee bits are not good for metal. Carbide is strong but brittle.