HDZ bearing blocks

That is why I am leaning towards a light grease, either PTFE(SuperLube) or lithium based.

2 Likes

We are looking into bottling it, previously a seller on amazon had been offering it in pints. Getting it in smaller 50/100ml bottles has been very difficult so we are looking to build our own mini bottling plant.

They also had/have an amazon store.

https://www.amazon.com/VACTRA-OIL-EXPEDITED-DELIVERY-AVAILABLE/dp/B009WAP68K/ref=sr_1_10?crid=TRNKVTWDNZ38&dchild=1&keywords=vactra+oil+no.2&qid=1606302087&sprefix=vactra+%2Caps%2C225&sr=8-10

This is the only oil we would recommend and that is specified by our manufacturing partner for rails. Whilst grease might seem like a good idea it tends to bind up carriages and stops the BB’s from rotating as they should.

It’s worth noting with oil a very small amount is needed at very infrequent intervals. Everything is rubber sealed and even without oil will usually run without maintenance for thousands of hours.

3 Likes

A gallon is $39.95 from Penn Tool Co.:

(I am reminded of a friend who had a bottling setup where a 1 gallon receptacle was diverted through 8 tubes into 8 pint bottles…)

An imperial gallon would be even more wasteful due to our UK pints having just the right amount of extra mouthfuls … for beer, naturally… :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Luke

Would this maintenance schedule also apply to the Z-Plus? If not, what are the differences?

Also, are you suggesting that only external application of oil is to be applied on the rails, not re-filling a block’s internal reservoir as mentioned above?

I have just posted a rough guide on axis maintinance:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.