HDZ/Suckit Users - Addressing rapid coordinates X bouncing

Yes. Exactly. I cannot jog MANUALLY low enough, there remains a considerable margin of spare travel left at the bottom of the HDZ. I didn’t look at what the Z value was - but an educated guess says it will match the original Z travel. It looks like with the HDZ unselected in Carbide Motion, even with the HDZ configuration settings sent to the controller, that Carbide Motion is restricting the Z range. I haven’t tried running any G-code yet to see if the full Z range is functional then - might do that tonight.

I see. Well if there are built-in Z restrictions inside CM itself and it overrides $132 (I’m surprised, but maybe so), you’ll be left with the option of moving to another G-code sender (hint: you might like CNCjs)

But it’s still strange that the same workaround seems to work for others (@luc.onthego ?) , and that @Luke would have included setting $132 to 150 in the original post, if it had no effect when used with CM…

I am currently trying out CNCjs, coincidently. The machine works just fine with the same configuration as I had updated for CM…

Interesting, so there is indeed a hardcoded min Z limit in CM.
If you are trying out CNCjs, you will like @neilferreri probing macro for the C3D probe.

I’m now using CNCjs with a Raspberry Pi4 - got the probing macros, everything is working flawlessly. It is a very nice upgrade. The only thing I don’t like about CNCjs is the lack of a continuous jog function…rather than repeated key presses.

2 Likes

I feel you. That’s the one grudge I had about CNCjs. I geeked out and developed a pendant for CNCjs that implements smooth jogging, but it’s based on a specific piece of harware. If you are not afraid of a little coding, it should possible to implement a smooth jogging pendant based on regular keyboard commands.

1 Like

@Julien - I saw your post on the pendant, nice work. A little coding has never deterred me from a project, but as I get older I have developed a more effective “new project” filter that keeps me from taking everything on at once! Sometimes I would rather spend money than time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I need to get me one of those, sooner rather than later :slight_smile:
(because right now I’m tempted to go and check CNCjs code to see what it would take to implement smooth jogging)

3 Likes

@Julien - While you’re at it Julien, see what it would take to use a remote keypad, like the one
Myers demonstrates. :grin:
I use that all the time on Carbide Motion and it would be great on CNCjs

1 Like

Well, if you are talking about this video, that’s not even a challenge, someone already did it :slight_smile:

It does not implement smooth jogging though. If anyone is interested I can try adding it in.

Does that work in a Windows environment? It seems like it’s for a Raspberry Pi

Theoretically, it can work in a windows environment, one “just” needs to install Node.js framework.
In practice, I tried, lost an evening trying to make it work, then went back to my comfort zone (linux/raspberry), and got the environment working in minutes…

If I were to mod CNCjs for Windows, I would most probably directly hack the CNCjs source code itself, not add a pendant. I already successfully rebuilt the CNCjs app for Windows from source, so I know it’s doable. But diving into the full CNCjs source code and figuring out where to insert the hack, now that’s a different story (a.k.a. “hey let’s see if I can do this…[a few moments later]…hey where did the week-end go?”

1 Like

Yes. I’m interested.

1 Like

Ok then! It may take a little while (life gets in the way) but I’ll have a look at it. Are you using any specific wireless keyboard? (the one from the video?)

I am certainly interested. You da man!!!

1 Like

Are you insinuating life is more important than CNC? That’s just pure blasphemy! :grinning:

2 Likes

I happen to use that exact keyboard shown in the video…

1 Like

I also have the exact same one from Myers video.

1 Like

I posted the results in my experiments in a separate thread.

I also have this problem. After doing the corrections in cm my z axis will not go down
all the way like it should this is very frustrating the only thing i could find was someone said just
put it back to the HDZ and dont use the rapids that seem kinda stupid to me carbide3d need to to fix this