HDZ Version information

Just got my HDZ delivered and am going over installation guide. The website says this is version 3.3 but the card included with the HDZ points me to https:docs.carbide3d.com/assembly/hdz3_2. I don’t know what the differences are, but this page has a video that’s made for the 3.3 with a disclaimer that says “While it’s for version 3.3 of the HDZ it should cover the most important steps of the installation.”

So did I get a 3.2 or 3.3? How do I tell?

I just received mine as well with the 3.2 card - I’m assuming this is a 3.3 unit with an old card, but some confirmation would be great.

It will be the 3.3. The card is just outdated.

The 3.3 guide can be found here:

1 Like

Thanks Luke!

Now If I could just get my hands on a Carbide3D dust boot that was teased a couple weeks back

1 Like

@ctdodge we are in the same boat - pounding on the F5 key daily as my HDZ will be a big paperweight until I have a dust extraction solution at least on the way. I am very excited to see with carbide comes up with as I have been very impressed with their engineering lately!

Wait what? I missed this teaser! What did it look like?

1 Like

Unlike the new clamps (spoiled at the end of the BitSetter video), the dust shoe has not yet had an image shown publicly.

Any idea when the new dust shoe will be publicly available? Or even “forum” available?

Also, what is with all the folks that have “Clamping Beta” after their name? What does that mean and how do I get in on betas?

A request went out a bit ago here on the forum asking for beta testers for “stuff”. Carbide selected a few people for testing out the “stuff”. It happens now and again.

EDIT: Found it.

1 Like

Soon. Very soon. (One more delivery of parts, which may be arriving in the next couple of days)

3 Likes

Also, hopefully this won’t be too much of a reveal — there are new clamps, and new, new clamps — it’s the latter which are in the new testing, and the former were spoiled in the BitSetter video.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.