Hello World Issues

After a bit of a rocky start, i finally have my pro xl up and running . I’m trying to run the Hello World test but i’m having a few problems. Even after following the instructions, all i seem to be able to do is crush the tips of my sharpies because its plunging too far into the wasteboard. I then get a message from carbide motion that i need to change my spindle speed. This also seems to do something to the limit sensors as i physically have to move the gantry to a different position or i get grbl homing errors when trying to initialize again. I’m pretty sure i’m setting the starting zero position right, jogging the mount so the sharpie tip is just barely touching the paper. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated as to what i may be doing wrong.

The homing switches are only in play when the machine is homing.

I wrote a bit about doing this at:

Please try again, and verify against the above, and if you have a difficulty, let us know at support@carbide3d.com letting us know the specifics of:

• what you did
  • what you expected
  • what actually happened

and we’ll do our best to assist.

Hey Will,
I did some troubleshooting and i think i sorted out the issue, I suspect i was setting my zero a little too close to the stock.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.