HELP! Carbide Motion/Shapeoko 3 Trippin'!

My Shapeoko 3XL is tripping. It used to work fine until i moved it locations in my garage and updated the Softwares to the most current ones. I designed a Surface toolpath in CC and sent it to CM to start the surface of my waste board and the XY jumped to another spot and started to cut which ran it beyond the limits of the X axis. Why is that?

That time of year, could it be static? Did you select the right machine when you updated?

Good Luck

1 Like

I believe i did. I didnt have any static before. Could that be the problem? How do i mitigate that?

This is what I did. 10 percent humidity in my shop this week. Added a pot of water to the wood stove.

The below worked well for me till it got so bad this week.

Grounding your Shapeoko - CNC Machines / Shapeoko - Carbide 3D Community Site

1 Like

Any other idea? I need to complete this project?

I selected the correct machine when i did the update.

Can you post the file? We will look at it.

Sure… ummmm…how do you do that? Lol

When replying, use this to upload your C2D file.

1 Like

Ok.

So what i just did was, using the new Carbide Motion (Build 618), although my machine has been used by the laptop, i set my machine up as “set up new machine” and going from there. Setting my new Zero now and going to run it thru the motions (no bit, router off, no vaccum to eliminate static and electrical interference) to see if thats was the problem.

So, the initial problem was my machine would move to the right (X+) and “forget” where the X is and start the XY right where its is. After doing the steps in the previos post, it found where the appropriate XY was and initiated the cut, going thru the motions its supposed to. Now, after the kids wake up from their nap, ill run the project running Router and Dust extraction and update you on the post.

*So far, my solution has been setting my machine up as a ‘new machine’ after CM Build 618 update.

Updating CC and CM and setting machine up as “new machine” in CM Build 618 was the trick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.