Help with pocked countour cuts

Did you repost the file after altering it? @Zman ?

You need to Pocket down to the height of the tabs, then do a Contour starting at the depth, with the tabs enabled.

GD guitar 2 24 x 7 x .79.c2d (776 KB)

3 Likes

Thank Michal. Learned something new

Yes I learned something new and powerful today ! Thanks @mhotchin

I feel this should all be added to the tutorial as I took a bad path learning countour pathing . It seems that you would use the contour command to cut things out.

2 Likes

Is there a way to tell the depth of the tabs?

Tab depth is set in the Toolpath.

So we’re not supposed to use contour to cut things out? How do you use the pocket method?

See:

This was super helpful. Thank you!

So after cutting down to the tab, depth with the 10% extra Width. You then set a contour with tabs.
Do you start the contour cut, where the last cut ended depth wise?

Yes, unless you leave a roughing clearance and are taking a finishing pass.

I am having trouble finding cabinet depth in specify, where in tool path it actually is?

What do you mean by:

cabinet depth

?

Depth of cut (the amount to take off with each pass) is found in the tool description. Click on the selected tool from the operation/toolpath.

Max Depth is in the operation/toolpath. That is the total finish depth.

1 Like

Oops that was a bad text to type. What I was trying to ask, was where do I look to see the exact height of my tabs so that I can figure out how deep I should stop my 10% extra width cut out pocket cut.

Tab height is specified in each toolpath definition.

I’m so sorry I’m having trouble finding it there. Is that true for all the versions I believe I am using the newest.?

Never mind I figured it out. I just missed where it was. Thank you so much for the support once again.!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.