High school sign cut out of pvc

Since i don’t have any patience I use my heat gun on the low setting to dry the finish between coats. That way i can finish my painting all at one time. On the last coat of paint and clear coat i dont use the heat gun as i found the paint settles a little smoother when its not heated. Keep the clear coats thin, don’t over spray. Better to have several thin coats of clear coat. The clear coat dries pretty quickly, usually in an hour or so.

@CrookedWoodTex Not the first project i have messed up and definitely wont be the last :rofl: that is the great thing about what we do everyday, every project, everytime there is a lesson to be learned, which for me is half the fun (as long as your not on a deadline) hahaha.

As was once noted:

The great thing about CNC is that given a properly prepared file, a machine setup which matches the file, and nothing going wrong in the cutting, a part will be made correctly.

The awful thing about CNC is that a part will only be made correctly if the file is prepared properly, the machine set up to match the file, and nothing goes wrong in the cutting.

3 Likes

Here’s another simple Christmas Sign.

Snowman Face

Snow Man Face.c2d (603.4 KB)

Snow Man Face.nc (87.4 KB)

2 Likes