How to attach air nozzle?

I’ve got one of those adjustable mist coolers off Amazon (with the blue segmented gorillapod tubing) and it has 2 mounting holes through the manifold for mounting.

Has anyone got one of these setup on their S3?

Hi @miniclubbin

Many of us do, but I think everyone has their own custom solution to attach them as it depends on many things (what Z axis you have, what dust shoe you have, etc…)

Here’s an example
Here’s how I attached mine at some point using one threaded hole of the HDZ front plate
Here’s how @CNCInspiration solved that problem with the help of a 3d printer.

2 Likes

I attached mine with 3M VHB tape and it works great. No drilling, tapping, or fabrication.

Thanks for the links, I read that air blast thread over and over trying to find a HDZ mount and finally your second link does it! I wonder how to make a bracket like that.

I keep overlooking modern double sided tape. I might go that route if I find a good flat place that let’s the hose reach around the front of my jtech.

1 Like

I guess just mill one, just a block the width of your manifold and drill a hole on its front side to let a bolt through to the HDZ plate. But strong double side tape may be even easier indeed

1 Like

Here’s what I came up with to mount using the 4x rail bearing(?) screws on the Z plate. If I ever get up the nerve to try aluminum (and figure out how the heck to do simple adaptive clearing to profile cut), I might make this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.