How to replace VFD Board

Mine was supposed to be delivered today, but didn’t arrive… Sorry to hear they sent you the wrong one. I’ve actually been wondering if they sent me the wrong one too. I’m going to be pretty mad if they did, because I sent pictures of exactly what I needed.

As did I. I sent a picture of the old board and the new board…

1 Like

I just sent them another photo, asking them to confirm which cable they sent. If it’s the wrong one, I’m going to hit the ceiling.

I sent an email with a kindly worded message. And then I send another email shortly after apologizing for some of my kind words. Its just so disheartening.

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve written and re-written a lot of angry emails to them, that I decided not to send, so I can relate… Thanks to an earlier suggestion from @Gibs, I have the molex connecter, pins, and crimping tool. If they sent me the wrong cable, I’m going to ask them just to tell me how to write the damn thing myself. I’m not waiting another week… I’m not even asking for refunds or free stuff, I just want my machine to work… I’m sorry you are going through this, but it’s also nice to know I’m not alone :slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah, I haven’t asked for a refund or free anything, yet… But I am hoping they will overnight ship the harness that I need. My spindle worked great the day I sold my machine. Ran it to show the person buying it that everything worked. Set up the new machine and it started smoking and popping. After that my VFD wouldn’t run anymore, but they said it was out of warranty so I paid for a new board… I just can’t use it.

3 Likes

I just got the cable. Luckily, it’s the correct cable (molex connector on one end, 4 wires on the other). I’m waiting on support got back to me with instructions… It SHOULD have been delivered to me on Saturday, but it sat at the post office since Friday night until this morning (that part is not C3D’s fault).

I went through this last year when my spinderella died. I was send a newer board and just soldered the wires direct. I mentioned it to @robgrz at one point and was assured that customer support was now tracking revisions as compared to original orders to prevent this.

1 Like

I haven’t heard back from support yet. Would you be able/willing to upload a picture of the cable so I can send it to them. So I don’t get sent the wrong cable again?

1 Like

Certainly, here’s a photo of the cable

What instructions do you need? I provided the connection points in the picture I shared previously.

1 Like

I read through your previous post (from last spring), and unfortunately, my experiences lately have been similar to what you experienced… I’m trying to be fair (I also work in support for now, trying to get a woodworking business started), but I’m losing patience. For now, I’ll leave it at that…

Hey, the photo you shared (and thanks again for that) was on the controller end. Now I need to see the wiring on the VFD box (the green terminal). Unfortunately, at least on my board, I can’t tell which one is “L” “N” or “E”. I just didn’t want to get one thing wrong and blow my board, hoping support will respond soon. I should hear back from support in the next few hours (based on their previous response time).

Looks to me like they sent the wrong cable. SK2-W4 is for the control signals. You want the cable for power SK-W1.

1 Like

Argh! Goodness… Thanks for the tip.

The cable you want only has 3 wires, ground, L1 and L2. L1 and L2 are the same as load and neutral. It is labeled as L1 and L2 inside the actual VFD box.

1 Like

AH, gotcha. Sorry, I didn’t see the yellow arrow (for L1) on your image until just now (I only noticed the red one for ground)… OK, I think this gives me what I need! Thanks! Thanks to you, I already have the molex connector and pins (I already had the crimping tool).

Fingers crossed.

2 Likes

Best of luck! Now, let’s hope this actually fixes our issues…

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.