Huge Slip/Jump during cutting

agree and thanks – I’m struggling to know what hardware store carries this. I’m right outside New York City with lots of big box stores. Any ideas?

Tim

Ace Hardware or True Value would be my first stop locally.

Lowes seems a bit better stocked than Home Depot on metric, but that may be a function of my local franchises.

Auto parts stores which deal in import (and current U.S. production) vehicles may have metric screw sets encompassing M3 SHCS 10mm as well.

1 Like
2 Likes

auto parts! yes – good idea.

tim

wouldn’t the head hit the belts? I’m pretty sure I need a headless. like this

tim

I believe @dandangerous replaced his set-screws with socket head in this thread.

1 Like

Nope… Much easier to tighten and remove.
I’ve never had an issue on my SO3, but it’s a common issue and solution.

1 Like

No problems with clearance on X or Y steppers. Not sure on the standard belt driven Z (I have the Z-Plus), but imagine the same. Use the low-strength purple threadlocker to keep them from backing out. These screws are really important - the entire drive and rotational force of the stepper is transferred to the screw which then transfers it to the pulley, then the belt, etc. They are the only mechanical interface to transfer power from the stepper onward.

Interesting how many threads are related to these 5 cent screws… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.