I may hold the record for slowest build time

I would do them all for free, too. Just let me keep the equipment because it’d be too costly to send back!

5 Likes

You’ve started something you have to finish. We need more of these. What was something I needed to see. Haha.

1 Like

I was waiting for Gumby to show up.

2 Likes

The attention to details is amazing. Such as at 1:35, you unpackage the belts and spin them like a fan blade. That took extra time but added so much “coolness” to the video. For you to be able to do this in only 5 hours is scary amazing to me, I have done stop motion, and it is very time consuming.

I can’t wait to see you do a carve and play it backwards!

1 Like

Well, it could have been 7 or 8 hours of photographing, I really wasn’t keeping track of time. Of course, there was a ton of Photoshop work too that came close to doubling that time.

In terms of the little flourishes, I think I was inspired by another stop motion video somewhere – perhaps one of Frank Howarth’s videos.

3 Likes

Definitely, Frank Howarth style in there. You can’t go wrong trying to duplicate some of his style. +1

2 Likes

This is not nearly a record for a slow build. I received mine something like two weeks ago, started to assemble it immediately and still cannot start it, because of some parts included in the shipment were faulty. Unfortunately, customer support these days is quite slow to react.

Holy crap that was amazing!!

1 Like

Excellent

Luved it

Lets ee more

1 Like

Awesome video.

I’m still trying to work out how you did that without hands.

The Shapeoko becomes secondary to your animation.

Thanks, I either had to Photoshop out my hand or rest the objects on a wooden block which I also had to remove in Photoshop.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.