Installing new board on S3

Hello,

I’m installing a new board on my S3 so I can use the Bitrunner but the additional plug (on the left below the two large capacitors) for the Bitrunner pokes out right where the screw for the cover goes. Do I need to cut out the cover to accommodate the plug and figure out another way to secure it, or is there another cover?

Ideally you would have ordered a “CM Board with Enclosure” for $149 — in the absence of that, yes, modifying the enclosure cover, or making a new one is a workable alternative for some folks.

I will work it out through customer service. Thx

Maybe I’ll make a cover… in any event, I have the board connected, but I’m getting an error message. It says that homing failed and that it couldn’t find the limit switch. When I turn it on and initialize the Z axis moves down an inch and then the message comes up. Everything is connected tight. What should I check?

Did you send the configuration for your machine?

No… I didn’t see any documentation on the product page. Where would I find that information?

Edit: looks like the HDZ manual has it. I think I have it… thx

See:

1 Like

If you make a new cover the factory ones for the BitRunner have a hole so the connector sticks out. To remove the factory cover you have to unplug the BitRunner cable. Everytime I remove that cable I have trouble getting the Bitrunner to work again with a lot of fiddling around. Make your cover so you can remove the cover without removing the cable if possible. For the factory one I just took a metal nibbler and cut out the back of the hole to make a rectangle with no back.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.