Introducing HDZ 4.0

The HDZ and the Z-Plus should both be available at 10-11am PST.

We ended up finding a problem with a bracket on the HDZ so we’re having our sheet metal vendor rush a new design. Because of that, the HDZ will probably have a 10 day lead time before it ships. Normally we’d just push back the timeline and put them in stock in 10 days but I think everyone here has made it clear that they’d rather get an order complete now, even if the HDZ won’t ship immediately. We’ll see how that goes.

9 Likes

Let’s get this party started! Haha

1 Like

Please confirm/clarify nomenclature: HDZ vs HDZ 4.0 vs Z-Plus. Store page may be obvious when active, but want to make sure there’s no error. Thanks

I’m not sure I understand the question here goes:

All HDZ’s from here on out will be HDZ 4.0, there are no more 3.3’s available

There is an option for HDZ with a Z-Plus variant, rather than Standard, XL, or XXL. Those are meant for people that already have a Z-Plus but want to upgrade. There will be no inductive homing switches but it will come with a new Z motor, since the leadscrew motor won’t work with it.

2 Likes

Rob,
O w
Already have the HDZ how do we purchase the prox switches?

Phil

1 Like

How long are the wires on the various options for Standard, XL, and XXL? I have moved my electronics from the stock location and want to make sure I have enough length.

They’re the same as the stock wires

2 Likes

Those should be available in a few weeks. We need one more shipment from our switch vendor.

3 Likes

Is that documented somewhere? I got the standard and had to make my own extensions. I would like to avoid that with the new wires.

I don’t have that information but if I were you, I’d grab the XXL.

Alright, it’s go-time.

7 Likes

Got mine :slight_smile: Thanks for everything!.

5 Likes

Ordered, just FYI the pricing is incorrect. On the HD page it states $440, when checking out I was charged $450. I don’t have time now to email support, but will later today. Just wanted to give a heads up.

Woohoo!!! Got mine. Thank you for putting up with my dumb questions.

1 Like

The Z-Plus version is $440, the others that come with the homing switches are $450

Edit to add: we also ordered the variants so the cheaper option would never pop up first.

3 Likes

What else would I need if I have the zplus when i got my machine a couple months ago to wanting to get the HDZ now?

Looks like you just need to order the Z-plus version.

1 Like

Order the HDZ with the Z-Plus option, not the Xl/XXL/Standard

3 Likes

Thanks you for your help

1 Like

Just ordered my Z-plus!

5 Likes