Introducing HDZ 4.0

The crew in Illinois was prepped to try and get as many shipped today as possible so hopefully you’ll get it quicker than promised.

6 Likes

You guys are the friggin best. Not getting one, but just general observation.

5 Likes

Shapeoko XXl #2 and HDZ ordered. lol

4 Likes

Got mine ordered!!
Thanks for your help

3 Likes

got mine ordered! woohoo

1 Like

Original blue @Luke hdz owner over here :grin:@robgrz sorry if I have missed it is there a difference sheet between hdz and hdz 4.0 please

Regards
Jon

It’s at the top of this thread. Mostly the 4.0 makes the HDZ more “correct” from an engineering/manufacturing point-of-view but the performance should be very similar to prior versions. We would not recommend upgrading from a prior HDZ.

This revision is easier to make and support in the quantity that we need now.

5 Likes

WOW! Ordered a Z-Plus at 10:16AM, and got a ship notification and tracking number at 11:39AM. Thanks Carbide3d team!

5 Likes

Great News!!! I have my HDZ ordered. Thanks for the email notification, it works, just gotta be patient.

3 Likes

I ordered mine at maybe 10:04 so hopefully I get a tracking # soon. lol

1 Like

I just noticed that new hdz comes with mount for Inductive homing switch only. Does this come with the switch or will we have to wait and buy that separately? I ordered xxl version

It comes with all three switches

2 Likes

For an overview of how the inductive switches work, we made a video:

15 Likes

This was an upgrade I definitely wanted to make in the future so a big bonus for me.
Thanks Guys!!!

If anyone with an olde-timey blue HDZ just has the irresistible urge to upgrade, I might be in the market for an older one (provided it’s in good shape). It would put the rest of the blue Beaver sensor kit & accessories I bought in anticipation of a HDZ back then to good use finally.

…I’m assuming Lukes old kit would use a different bolt pattern than the HDZ4.

2 Likes

Assuming it wasn’t one of the first 20 units I think the mousing holes for the new switch kit are the same.

4 Likes

So there’s a mouse included, now that’s a great deal :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m old enough to remember “Mouse Balls”. So… :thinking:

2 Likes

You know, so am I! but I jocularly meant the fury kind :grinning:

1 Like

Surprised to see the HDZ still in stock.