Introducing the Shapeoko 5 Pro

It’s something we made up.

5 Likes

That’s awesome. With programs like Lightburn that allow limited installs, that could help. And if we upgrade/replace the computer we won’t have to resend. This will remove the need for a document I have that stores into like the actual travel dimensions and BitSetter location.

Will multiple peripherals be able to be used at once? To continue your example of potentials, the light tower and ATC at the same time?

2 Likes

Absolutely. 20 characters

6 Likes

:frowning: Sorry I am a non proprietary kind of guy and believe in use what is proven. But don’t get me wrong I have had two thumbs up the whole way. it is truly impressive. Again great work. :slight_smile:

I imagine it’s because they’re using grbl in ways it wasn’t originally designed to. So they may be making the standard due to one not being available. But that’s a guess on my part.

For Christmas this year, all I want is for Carbide 3D to develop a fourth axis.

6 Likes

https://youtu.be/9u8hDU_Z2u8

In the SO5 Z-axis youtube video, around 1:00, it says you can “go all the way to our water cooled 80 mm spindle for maximum power.” Not sure if that was a nip-slip or guerilla marketing, but seems like something coming near term. I’ve been fooled by the internet before however. (FWIW This the most liked comment on the vid).

4 Likes

That was a slip. It’s something we’ll likely do, but it’s not happening yet.

6 Likes

I just ordered the 5 Pro. We currently have the XXL Pro and added our own VFD and air assist. Will you publish documentation on the new controller so we can add these mods? Also will there be post processors ready for fusion 360?

Thank you

1 Like

Not sure about the documentation, but the post-processor for Fusion 360 should be the same as:

https://my.carbide3d.com/faq/fusion360/

Have you had a chance to reevaluate shipping lead time.

We still plan to ship on 1/3, and we’re planning to ship them in larger quantities than we estimated for week one. We’ll be reevaluating the projected shipping time for new orders on 1/10, once we’ve confirmed that everything went according to plan and once the next shipment of extrusions arrives and can be inspected (which could be today or tomorrow).

9 Likes

Any estimates on when BitZero V2 will become available for SO5?

1 Like

Have any Pro 5 shipped?

We expect to get the first ones out the door on 1/3, assuming the shipment of electronics makes it from California to Illinois on time.

2 Likes

What about BitZero V2?

1 Like

Buy American / USA from a known and predictable source? Do we need any more evidence than that?

1 Like

I own a XXL Pro and have a Pro 5 on order. I like that the Bulk Man uses open source GRBL controller and I am hoping that the Pro 5 is moving in that direction. Anyone know what controller the Pro 5 is going to use?

1 Like

We use GRBL and used to fund development when GRBL was still in active development.

Most of the China-based companies design and develop nothing, they just produce a copy of what others have done. (Often a bad copy at that)

5 Likes

@robgrz Is the first batch still on track to ship tomorrow?