Introducing the Shapeoko 5 Pro

Hi Will, as you can see in the photo I am using the “correct” BitSitter extension that was sent via FedEx, as well as the replacement front panel extension that was sent. I will reach out to the support email to see if they can help me diagnose this further. Apologies if this thread isn’t meant for these types of conversations.

Have you sent the correct machine configuration through Carbide Motion?

Hi Ed,

Thanks for the note! To be frank, I do not see a step regarding sending machine configuration mentioned in the Shapeoko 5 Pro Assembly PDF (which sort of ends before you get into any software), or the YouTube assembly video for the Shapeoko 5 Pro, or the “Getting Started with Shapeoko” lessons on my.carbide3d.com.

Would that be this “Send Configuration Data” button? I am running Carbide Motion Build 579, if that helps.

Yes, that’s the one. If there is an option to select a model of Z axis be sure to pick the right one. Not sure but I believe the HDZ is the the standard Z for that machine.

@rob5standingby, You might try using the “incorrect” front panel extension cable and the “correct” bitsetter extension cable. I had very similar issues to yours before I ended up with that working combo.

1 Like

After some further discussions and diagnosis with Carbide support (shoutout to Fleming) we determined that the Bitsetter unit itself is faulty, so Carbide is going to be sending me out a replacement unit. In the mean time, I am going to go through the “Hello World” tutorial and get my feet wet while I wait for a Bitsetter. :smiley: Thanks to everyone for helping me out today. I really appreciate it!

6 Likes

Rob for future reference the magnet that attaches on the BitZero can be grounded and also cause a probe failure. That may not be case here but be careful where you store the magnet. The BitZero and the BitSetter are interconnected and a fault with the BitZero can cause a probe failure of the BitSetter.

I would suggest you cut a BitZero holder out of wood and/or plastic. Insert a screw that not grounded on the holder for a place to keep the magnet.

On etsy they sell a lot of 3d printed BitZero holders.

Here is an example.

The etsy ones sell from $13.00 to about $20.00 if you do not have the ability to print one. You could also design a two part one and glue it together on your new machine as a good practice for learning how to use the machine.

3 Likes

Would 4 pieces be acceptable?

1 Like

I’m probably the first and person on this thread with this issue. I just sent a note to sales@Carbide3d.com to see if they can delay the delivery of my Shapeoko:(

Got my shipping notice yesterday for my Pro 5 4x4. Ordered my table parts from Rockler last week. They shipped everything but the 56" stretchers ?? They show “Awaiting Shipment”. Mine may have to sit in the box a few days before I get all my table parts.
I’m pulling my VFD and spindle off of my Pro 4 to use on the 5 but still have a few jobs I need to finish before I start tearing my 4 apart.
My initial shipping date for the 5 was March so I’m pretty excited though!

4 Likes

My shipping date was April 4, and I got notice Thursday that it’s on its way. Just finished the table for it last Sunday, but now it’s covered with cabinets I’m building. :sweat_smile: Glad to see the shipping times are tightening up!

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity when did u order?

I placed the order the night of Dec 2, and it was confirmed mid Monday the following week. Which makes it almost exactly 2 months to get the machine.

3 Likes

Cool thanks I ordered mine late December and think it said May so maybe March! Have fun with yours when it comes!

1 Like

I ordered my 4x2 on 1/5 and was told it would ship in early February. Hoping early February equals first week in February:)

Excited to see the shipping ramp up. I ordered 4x4 in late December. No shipping info yet (didn’t see any date on order confirm).

2 Likes

A question for those who placed their order the first week of January. Do you recall what the delivery estimate was? I believe the delivery estimate that was quoted by the website for my 1/5/23 order was March 8th.

Carbide is now saying it will ship will in April. If this is true, we’re back to the three-month lead time. I’m hoping that this is a mistake.

Do you remember what the delivery estimate was when you placed your order?

I think the shipping estimate (on the product page itself - Shapeoko 5 Pro CNC Router - Carbide 3D - not in my order confirmation or anywhere else I’ve seen) when I ordered in late Dec. was like March/April (FWIW there is a whole separate page of caveats about the estimated shipping dates).

There’s been a lot of discussion of shipping times in this thread and others. Rob said a few weeks ago (post 326 above) that everyone who was in the queue by then (Jan 11) should have their stuff shipped by “March 15 or so.” Based on what I had read, I was a little confused by your post above saying you ordered in Jan and were told to expect it in February (didn’t know if maybe they have more stock of the 4x2 machines coming in or something to fulfill those orders faster). Also weren’t you trying to delay your delivery or something a short while ago? Anyway, hope it gets to you (and me) soon. Still holding out hope that the big mother water spindle/vfd will drop before my machine ships. Terribly exciting time all around.

I asked Carbide’s sales team for a shipping update and twas told early February. Unfortunately the early February date was for a perviuse order that was canceled.