Introducing the Shapeoko 5 Pro

I don’t think C3D has issued maintenance instructions for the SPO5. In the interim, I plan to use the HDM maintenance guide.

1 Like

Just wanted to give an update of where Carbide is with order date vs delivery. Ordered noon on the 1/11/2023 and delivery is tomorrow when I ordered if I remember correctly the projected date was the end of March

They are catching up!!

3 Likes

Anyone have any updates on the 80mm spindle mount or a direct from carbide 80mm spindle kit?

2 Likes

I am using the Carbide 3D VFD. I have had no issues other than the cables could be longer.

5 Likes

Agree. The Carbide3D VFD Kit is the way to go. Nothing else comes close in terms of quality and ease of setup (sorry PWNCNC). My only complaint is the cable that runs between the VFD and the electronics needs to be a bit longer.

3 Likes

That’s the Carbide’s way. Under promise and over deliver. .

1 Like

Quick question about the electronics. I know the accessory report is for a “carbide-approved laser.” Anybody know what the auxiliary port is for?

I agree on the cable length. The 4x4 is a larger machine and the cables need to be longer to account for that.

6 Likes

A desire for a longer VDF to spindle cable was also something I passed along to the C3D design staff when I got my SO5 Pro 4x4 and VFD Spindle Kit. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes the cable is way too short

I also had a SO3 for many years but when i saw #4 I just had to have a new and better. I ordered my SO#4 Pro just before #5 was available kicked myself for not waiting but maybe i lucked out after all, because I’m very happy with my 4Pro the few things that were changed did not make it that much better then #3. But I do Love my VFD Spindle but was it worth 700 hundred bucks, still out for debate.

For people getting deliveries in the last couple of days, what was your order date?

I finally had a chance to use my Shapeoko pro five today. All went well, except the feed hold button on the power pendant does not work, and if I click pause in carbide motion, the machine stops, but the spindle continues to run, and the z-axis does not retract. Wondering if this is a software issue or a hardware issue.

1 Like

I believe that is what Feed Hold does — to get the spindle to turn off and the machine to life the Z-axis use Pause in Carbide Motion.

If click pause in Carbide Motion the machine stops, but spindle continues to run does and the Z-axis does not lift. If I click the Feed Hold button on the power pendent the machine continues to cut the job.

2 Likes

Right, you have to actually stop the job to get the spindle to turn off (in the current version of CM).

2 Likes

The pause behavior is consistent with that “Feed/Hold” buttons do on industrial machines. They don’t retract. It simply means stop where you are.

As for the button not working on the pendant…I can’t speak for that. Another user said his had the same behavior as the on- screen pause, but had to use the screen pause button to continue. That behavior is what I have seen a well.

Thanks will. 20 characters.

This is the correct behavior for the Shapeoko 5 Pro.

3 Likes

And I’m glad it operates that way. It allows me to pause and check the realitive coordinates. It’s more consistent with traditional CNC operation. :slight_smile: If there was a display for distance remaining for the gcode movement, even better.

3 Likes