Is there a way to join two open vectors?

I am sure there is an easy way to do this, but I can’t for the life of me work it out. I am trying to create a dust curtain clamp, which I have drawn from two circles and some blocks. Next step is to boolean combine to make the desired shape as a single vector. I couldn’t manage to do this (that’s probably a separate conversation), so I started cutting vectors and lining everything up until I got my desired shape. It looks great (and even looks like it will cut OK in simulation):
Joing vectors 1

However, this is two open vectors, and for whatever reason I would prefer this as a single vector (the colours are different layers just so it makes it easier to see).

In this image the nodes on one open vector are visible - is there a way to join these to the corresponding nodes on the other open vector?
Joing vectors 2

This sounds quite simple, but I just can’t work out how to do it!

Join Vectors joins the two ends of an open vector to each other, which isn’t what I want to do.

Yes.

Select the geometry in question:

and use the “Join Vector” command:

If that doesn’t work, post the file or send it in to support@carbide3d.com and we’ll get it sorted out w/ you (there are still some files w/ geometry which just won’t join — we’re collecting them for the developers to look at).

What??? I knew it was trivially simple. I don’t know why it didn’t work before - perhaps I hadn’t selected multiple vectors.

Duh …

Thanks @WillAdams

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.