Jog button not appearing on CM

Hello,

I have been having issues with the jog option showing up on carbide motion. I have reset my computer, turned off my shapeoko 5 pro and rewatched the videos multiple times and still no jog. It only shows up when I turn my computer on each morning and then disappears after I try and use the cmc machine. I know its kind of confusing. What am I doing wrong? lol I’m new to the CNC Machine.

Jog should appear after the machine has initialized.

It would go away if the computer loses connection with the machine — re-connecting and re-initializing should restore it, but you will want to investigate the under-lying causes of the disconnection — things to check:

• router brushes — try changing them even if new
  • grounding — if your vacuum setup doesn’t have a conductive/static-dissipative hose run a bare wire through it and connect it to the same ground as the vacuum and machine.
  • a heavy load on the same circuit — if possible, isolate the machine and computer to one circuit and the dust collection and spindle to another

See:

Thank you for responding. I will troubleshoot all of this :slight_smile: Fingers crossed!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.