Jog Issues in Build 566

Anyone seeing buggy behavior with Jog in Build 566? I just installed it, and every time I try to move one step (1mm, 0.25mm, or even 0.025 mm) it jumps exactly two of these increments, instead of just one.

The only way I’ve found to move one increment is to switch to Fast mode, try to Jog an odd number of steps, and then sneak back up on the position I was trying for in the first place.

I’m running Win 10 on a new touchscreen PC. I thought it might be a touch issue (long press vs. tap) but even a mouse click seems to do the same.

Help? Thanks!

Do you have the same difficulty when using the keyboard shortcuts?

Thanks for the quick response, Will. Actually, the arrow keys work as they should. So it seems like it’s just the GUI buttons themselves.

I can at least use the arrows as a workaround for now, but it would be great to hear if there’s a long term solution.

Please let us know the specifics of your system setup, and which interface options result in the doubled presses at support@carbide3d.com and we’ll try to get a developer to look into them.

OK - email sent on Friday. This issue is still consistent (even after power down and power up several days later) so hopefully your dev team can find an answer.

@WillAdams any updates by chance? I sent an email last week, but haven’t heard anything back. Just an auto-reponse that my email was received.

Thanks!

This has happened to me in every version I’ve used, while using a laptop trackpad and tapping it to click the buttons. Using the left click button on the laptop works normally. I suspect these idiosyncrasies are related.

1 Like

I encountered similar problems and reported them way back (December 2021, Carbide Motion problems and bugs (Nomad 3)). These were on a Mac, so it’s not limited to a single platform. I asked again in July this year (Revisiting Carbide Motion bugs), but sadly it seems as Carbide Motion is not a priority and bugs go unfixed for a long time.

I learned not to trust the on-screen buttons and avoid using them. I only use the keyboard. That’s probably not a great option for you on a touchscreen PC, though.

Same issue here. Trying to step down 0.001" the controller makes a 0.002 step down jump.

Please let us know about this at support@carbide3d.com

Let us know if this only happens w/ touch, or if it also happens when using a physical key, and let us know what sort of touch screen you have, and what driver.

For me it happens when my laptop touchpad or when using a xbox controller. That is the only 2 ways I jog and step.

I sent my explanation via email, but never heard back. I’m running a small Asus PC that has a touchscreen - I think it’s capacitive, if that matters.

To me, it seems like it may be as simple as the GUI calling the button function on both press and release actions. I suggest that because I can sometimes get it to run an odd number of steps if I hold the button before releasing. In other words - I don’t think it’s double stepping every GUI call, just stepping once at the beginning, while held (if held) and once at the end.

We need to get a sufficient number of reports, w/ suitably specific notes on hardware and driver, that we are then able to replicate both the hardware and the problem.

I use a gamepad as a pendant:

or the nifty TechKeys NineKeyboard CNC Edition

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.