Laseoko Pro Build Thread

Yes indeed :slight_smile:

So 8 bit or 32 bit? I ask because, I have seen other motion machines that move fast, such as your machine struggle with 8 bit electronics, like what is standard in most control boards. This is especially noticeable on curves.

Not sure this applies here but…I ziptie mine prior to final tightening to ensure the belt teeth remain engaged.

No idea without tearing it apart and finding out what chipset it has. I think they’re Linux based but that doesn’t mean much.

The two main controller companies are Ruida and Trocen. I think they utilize 32 bit DSPs

Source: https://forum.makerforums.info/t/benefits-of-ruida-controller/80625/2

@neilferreri Sent us some tensioners and we got them today! :slight_smile:

They definitely helped make the belts tighter, however the backlash is still present even though we’re down to 0.120mm of backlash from the previous 0.3mm of backlash.

No idea how to get the remaining backlash out other than trying to get the name brand belts?

For the belts, my understanding is that the GT2 2mm pitch belts are not available in widths wider than 9mm from Gates.

If you move up to the GT3 profile (will need new pulleys) only the 3mm pitch are available in wider widths.

I’d love to be wrong on this and to have a source for Gates branded GT2 (or GT3) profile belts w/ 2mm pitch in 15mm width, but AFAICT they simply aren’t made by Gates.

Correct, this is what I mentioned previously.

The smallest pulley is 24 tooth, so we would gain more belt wrap while losing a little bit of resolution without changing microsteps.

1 Like

To expand on this, don’t the 3mm pitch belts inherently have more backlash than the 2mm pitch? ISTR that being a criticism of the customers of a competitor selecting them for their upgrades.

The GT3 has improved backlash according to gates, as it supercedes GT2 and has a different material.

https://www.sdp-si.com/products/GT-Timing-Belts-and-Pulleys.php

1 Like

Yes, GT3 2mm pitch has lower backlash than GT2 2mm pitch, but doesn’t GT2 2mm pitch have lower backlash than GT3 3mm pitch?

The first one I could figure out… but… Interoperability Standards Technical Reports? Is that truly relevant here?

I think trying a name brand belt might do wonders than what came with the machine. Gates doesn’t even spec a 15mm wide GT2 2mm pitch… maybe there’s a reason.

1 Like

AFAICT == As far as I can tell
ISTR == I seem to recall

I spent a fair bit on Gates-branded belts when I upgraded to 9mm from 6mm — keep telling myself it was worth it.

ISTR also stands for “it stands to reason”.

Remarkably the word themselves only stand for themselves.

2 Likes

@WillAdams Here’s some further detail … 32 definitions certainly make abbreviations succinct! :smiley:

1 Like

Placed the order for GT3 belt and pulleys just now. Pulleys should ship in 2 weeks from Misumi :confused:

1 Like

We tried the ‘Hide backlash’ setting we discovered today in LightBurn, but that didn’t solve anything either:

Is this still the circle you are trying to draw? It’s a really bad circle as a picture. How is it created?

Looks a little better to me. Are you sure it’s not adjustable? Backlash correction needs to be turned to the machine.