Milling Graphite - Anyone Doing It?

Hi there!
I would like to mill some graphite for use as glassblowing molds. I’ve been reluctant to do so because of the graphite dust created as I know it created could short out the circuit boards and .

I don’t currently have a dust collection vacuum set up that runs while the Nomad is milling so I’ve been considering the best way to do this. For those of you who have a vacuum set up, do you just leave the front door open and the interlock switch on? I don’t really want to do this in case the graphite dust escapes. Or have you made a hole in the side of the machine to put the vacuum hose through?

If anyone out there has some tips or tricks, and even better, a photo of their graphite milling setup I’d love to see it. I watched the Graphite milling YouTube video on the Carbide3D channel but would love to hear more from others who have tried it.

Thanks!

The recommendation for Nomad dust collection is a hole in the side window — please don’t defeat the safety interlock.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.