More CC Pro fun

Julian, could you take a terrain data file (.kmz) and cut a 3d terrain model? That is very interesting what you did.

Todd

Sure, you would just have to figure out how to convert you kmz to an STL (and then use @fenrus tool), or better yet directly to a grayscale heightmap, apparently there are utilities to do just that. Or you can dare @fenrus to implement support for kmz files in his converter and hold his beer while he implements it :slight_smile:

KMZ is more a road/path kind of thing not a shape thing, so it’s for the laser not for the endmill…

Right. I was mislead by the existence of “KML to STL” converters and the fact that you can apparently embed/reference 3D objects within a KML file.

Looks great @Julien !! I love the CNC/laser combo :100:. I’ve had an eye on JTech for a while now, but haven’t bought it yet. I wish I would have had it to make the lines for my football stadium! Would’ve been much more crisp (and nice black color) than the 60 degree v-carve haha…although I don’t know if the shrouded laser would have even had room :rofl:

-Kyle

1 Like