New Shapeoko Pro Enclosure

Dan,
Thank you

The base was built by my wife and I. It’s made with 2x4’s, 2x6’s, 4x4’s and 3/4" mdf for the table top. The drawers are repurposed parts bins from a part time hardware store we used to worked at…(the color should give it away)…lol
Dimensions are 49 deep x 63 wide x 36" high

6 Likes

I I decided to scrap my aluminum extrusion enclosure. Here the begins of my new enclosure. The Kreg universal workbench is rock solid.

7 Likes

Awesome thread with lots of good ideas! I am in the process of putting my own enclosure together. This thread has been quite helpful!

Almost done with my enclosure.

Looking forward to machining upgrades for my half bike.

9 Likes

I need to see someone riding that haha. That thing looks wild.

2 Likes

Like a seat?..

3 Likes

I’ve tried unicycles, kickbikes and push bikes, but a half bike is unfamiliar territory.

1 Like

I also wanted to see someone riding it. I think if I took the Half Bike for a ride I would most likely face-plant within a few minutes, probably the first time I hit the brakes ha ha…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uBDMA0A44U

2 Likes

A few more photos to share.

8 Likes

Looks very nice Ken! What’s the black box on the left rail?

That is the Spindle enable/disable remote bundled w/ the BitRunner v2:

1 Like

Can that be relocated to outside of the box? I would think you’d want all of the controls (panic buttons, etc.) outside of the enclosure?

That is up to the end user, but consensus is that it should be placed outside the enclosure, along with an emergency stop and /or feed hold button.

If you’re only going to use it when you’re changing bits, I think the argument could be made to have it close by, inside the enclosure.

2 Likes

Very nice work. I’m designing one for my proxxl and just keep finding Design elements from 4-5 different encounter. Day job I’m certified Solidworks & masterCam designer/engineer for almost 20 years. I’m making using a Haas CNC and making the components when I can squeeze it in. I have a aluminum plate that will bolt on over or without waste boards. I know there’s a dozen guys that would want a set. For shipping They will come in 3 plates so shipping and production will be better Quality. First finish mine then. I do allot of plastics and aluminum. Enclosures a must. Chips go everywhere. Working on system that will get 90% of the mess down. Engineer at work just Ordered HDM. We have machines at work but it’s just not the place todo personal projects when we are busy. Machines always have mold being made 50-60 hr a week. I’m excited about having my pro enclosures built. I drew up one with light aluminum extrusion. Might 3D print some parts to lighten up. Mostly metal brackets where ever need. Solidworks has a tool box with anything so just drag it in and put it together. Blue prints and SW will be free plus the electronics for control panel. It will be in on a few places.