New Wasteboard With T-Track

Trying something new for work holding with the Shapeoko CNC. I’ve used the @myerswoodshop wasteboard for about a year and although I found it useful, I think a t-track system will better fit my needs for clamping. Thanks to the this community for great variants and especially @WillAdams for the idea to add a spacer under the workable area.

3 Likes

Glad it’s working!

For folks who are curious about it (and are similarly cheap) see:

As noted there, I’ll be using the PVC when it’s worked all the way down to make small boxes for tools most likely.

I have read this a half-dozen times, and have no idea what it means…

I modified my wasteboard by cutting diagonals at the rear so that the 45 degree angle would hold filler strips in place, sizing things so that the strips are the size of the working area — they’re held in place by a single screw (on my version) at the front, and I added spacers underneath to lift them up 'cause I’m cheap.

I think this photo shows the setup:

(and you can see the doubled holes at the front from where I didn’t figure out it was easier to recut the angle when reinstalling w/ the spacers)

1 Like

Okay. I see it now. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.