Noise during initializing process

HELP I am getting a whirring/grinding noise from my machine when I try to initialize it. Also limit switch x error message pops up.

basic steps:
Making sure all the limit switch work and nothing is blocking proper contact…

The way to do that is two steps:

1. With the machine off (so you can move it freely) move it to the corners one axis at a time to see if the limit switches actually are reached and pressed… you’d be surprised how often I’ve had the router power cable or some piece of debris or the tensioner of the belts get in the way.

2. With the machine on… before you go to initalize, go to the settings screen of CM. In that settings screen you get to see in sort of a “live view” which switches are being pressed… and with your fingers, just press one at a time to see if the electrical connection triggers correctly

1 Like

Or, if you have non-mechanical proximity switches, you can check they’re working by holding a metal screwdriver, for example, close to the limit switch (with the machine switched powered on) and look to see if the red LED lights up.

That 'orrible grinding noise? Been there, done that, got the T-shirt :laughing: :laughing:, and you can read about the help I got here.

Good luck!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.