Nomad 3, tool tray beginner project, and Amana endmill

New Nomad 3 user here…
I’m working on the tool tray starter project along with a redesign so it will hold the BitZero v2 also. I’ve created an .svg file and opened it in Carbide Create. I also picked up a Amana 46200-K downcut endmill as per Winston’s tool tray youtube video suggestion.
I’m not able to find the Amana mills in Carbide Create. Is there a Carbide Create tool library for the Nomad 3 that includes the Amana mills?
Thanks!

Some of them are included under various numbers:

Also see:

https://community.carbide3d.com/t/amana-tool-library/18180

and

https://community.carbide3d.com/t/about-adding-spektra-mills-to-tool-database/23375/4

2 Likes

Thanks Will, I completely missed the link in the right window pane that showed the Amana mill model #. :man_facepalming:t4:![Screenshot_2020-12-02_17-48-24|690x453]

(upload://jOFXFIwSOiBAAHpnSOyC4UjSwpm.png)

I appreciate the links you provided too!

[edit: I’m a new user, so I may not have the rights to post images? Nonetheless, the Amana 46200-K end mill I was looking for is in “Carbide 3D-Nomad-Hardwood --> End Mills --> #326

1 Like

Also, is it a safe assumption for a new user like me to just stick to the existing (conservative) defaults in Carbide Create for the Nomad 883, even though the spindle in the Nomad 3 can run at higher RPMs? I imagine that the Carbide 3D folks will update the tool library accordingly for the Nomad 3 when they have time to breathe.

1 Like

Did a test milling to validate my settings and project modifications on cheap wood before trying on the nice bamboo panel that came with the Nomad 3.
The Amana 46200-K down cut mill did an amazing clean top surface cut, just had to vacuum a lot! Now I have a safe place to put the BitZero v2.

4 Likes

This completed project has been added to the gallery:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.