Nvy logo svg file

Then select the inner geometry for the rope and outset it an appropriate distance:

then delete any superfluous geometry:

and when added to the toolpath results in:

3 Likes

Since there are 3 paths for the inner circle, it’s simply a matter of removing the inner from the toolpath:

which results in:

2 Likes

Attached.

us navy.c2d (1.5 MB)

3 Likes

Thank you so much Will! So, the rope part, you added an offset to the inner “oval” pieces and once you had that you assigned a new tool path?

How exactly do you do that?

Yes, selected all of the inner oval rope pieces and offset them as shown.

I edited the toolpath, then added the new geometry to the selection.

This is a JPEG of the STL file I have, however, the .stl file is huge being just under 19 MB. IF you want this version we would have to figure out how to get it to you - and for me that would be on a disc.

I just grabbed this image off Google images:

I flood-filled the outside to be black so that the rope and UNITED STATES NAVY letters are just floating in the background. Then I inverted everything except the inner-most white circle with the eagle to get:

Then using PixelCNC I just loaded the image as a raster-layer, set my v-bit, created a medial-axis carve operation and that was that:

Dont know if it’s anything that may be of use but If you need to email big files I have found www.mailbigfile.com very good and it’s free. You can send files up to 4GB in size. I use it for sending vinyl proofs to customers.

Very reliable.

Thanks for the help! I was able to use the corrected file that Will did to make the cut. I appreciate everyone’s help,

4 Likes

Here’s another Navy logo — unfortunately, the available one isn’t suited for cutting since it is drawn/composed oddly:

Changing it to use outlines which do not overlap allows one to make a file which works properly:

Attached.

USN_symbol_B&W.c2d (1.1 MB)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Other thread is closed so I’ll post this file.

Select each element individually to V-Carve

Gives a simulation like this

U S Navy Emblem

You could also go the advanced v-carve course and get this. I left the chain as regular v-carve.

Fair winds and following cn-seas!

3 Likes

us navy.c2d (2.3 MB)

3 Likes

Some other Navy files:

If you’ll let us know what thread you meant we can reopen it and merge them/

Hey, Will. Was the Nvy logo svg file

Took your file added the chain and rays. Replaced the stars. Cleaned up the eagle a little.

So what to do with this logo? Well, good thing I have an old white oak cutting board.

3 Likes

@DannyDog: I looked at the mail service you recommended. They may have changed their practices, as the free version is 2GB max. I’ve been using WeTransfer.com - free, and also 2Gig. Also very reliable, with verified addresses and as far as I can tell, no limit on downloads.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.