Possible issue with zeroing?

I am new to CNC’s and have just started trying to use it. I was trying to make a tray off of cut rocket last night, and it did not leave a outer lip on the project like it should have. I am 99% sure the design in carbide create was correct. Could this be because we did not zero the X and Y axis correctly?

Which tray? There’s a bunch of them. And does the project have the toolpaths? Or did you create them? If so, can you share the .c2d file?

1 Like

It was the valet tray. It had the tool paths. The file is on a different computer than I am on now, but I will try to send it in a new message.

tray 1-10.c2d (68 KB)

The perimeter cut falls short of the stock thickness:

It also cuts quite a bit more deeply than the 0.75" of the cutting flute length of a #201.

Where possible avoid slotting and add geometry and cut as a pocket down to tab height or the penultimate pass:

1 Like

It could be a misplaced zero point, or just that the stock isn’t wide enough. Your outside vector is 12.992 x 7.087, So you want your stock at least ~7.25 x 13.25.

You set your stock to 0.980, but your contour path (Cutout) only goes to -0.955. I would cut it to 1.0" deep. The tabs will still be 0.1" thick.

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.