Random carvings from Mike

thought i would try to contribute to the forum since I’m here every day for inspiration. Just some random stuff.
this is a halftone v-carve in mdf of a 69 BOSS.
sealed and painted black then carved with a 60 deg V-bit.
its 18" tall and 24" wide, 3/4 thick.

17 Likes

That looks great, nice work! What software did you use to convert the photo? I’ve tried the demo of PhotoVCarve but never bought it…

It was PhotoVCarve for the tool paths and VCarve Desktop to cut it.

3 Likes

Some red cedar boxes.

16 Likes

Those boxes look nice, Mike. What did you finish them with?

Thanks, I wipe down with a thin coat of mineral oil then alternate platina shellac and blonde.

1 Like

An arrow head display case in oak with acrylic front.

8 Likes

another oak one.
IMG_2391

6 Likes

12 Likes

Beautiful work mike!

corn hole

5 Likes

6 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Wow you been busy.They all look fantastic!

Thanks, though all of these are over the past 2 yrs.

1 Like

Those are all really awesome. I tried the same kind of v carve in MDF. It came out terrible.
Thanks for the tips!

Damn that’s BADASS!

I have the registered version of VCarve Desk, is your PhotoVCarve the Trial version you used for the tool paths?

I have to agree with what others have said about their own experiences with working with photos. Your results are mind-blowing!

Thanks! It was a lot of trial and error. I have the full photo v carve. I use it more for litho than anything. Whenever I needed to put a word box in I would add it in photoshop and fill it with a color and use photo carve to ignore that color. Then bring that file into vCarve to make the tool paths. I started using the halftoner more lately. It does require windows so I run it on a virtual desktop on my Mac. Here are some more.

3 Likes

I finally got around to doing a sun stone. Made then into tables.

10 Likes