Random carvings from Mike

Michael (@m_price) , you have no idea on how many times I went from the tire to the car! Wow, I stick to my earlier words! That sure is some BadAss Work you got there!

~72 Hours till My SO3 arrives here. Oh I am so inspired! Or should I say that this whole Carbide 3D / Vetric Community Teams have me so inspired I wonder just when my next complete sleep will happen next!

Oh, goodness, I say! What have I got myself into now?.. LOL…

2 Likes

Oh @m_price , one other important question for you while we are on the topic of Vectric’s PVC. Which Post Processor do you choose for your Shapeoko?

Thanks for your time.

Not sure which one @m_price is using, but the community has notes on choices at: https://www.shapeoko.com/wiki/index.php/Commercial_Software#2.5D_CAM

Seems like I had to get it from vectric. I’ll look when I get home this evening. If you need it I can email it. But I think I found it in vectrics site.

Could you tell me what angle of bit you use?
These are excellent.

I use the Gcode inch, Post processor.
But its been a while.

@jdg3 , is that the *.TAP (“G Code In *.TAP”) Extension provided by PVC?

Thanks all for the assistance!

@WillAdams, I have to admit that your link (Carbide 3D / Nomad / Shapeoko External Commercial Agents) may be good for those who have a fantastic knowledge of the Shapeoko World, but for the newest of Newbies, all I was able to find out / figure out was is that there is a text file (Carbide3D-Nomad-PhotoVCarve-Inch.pp.txt) that may be able to be used.

BUT… One has no idea what to do with this file, where it would reside on my computer (ProgramFiles/PhotoVCarve/ ? - Also is this file to be amended by hand (NotePad) everytime one wishes to use PVC?

Not much for me to gone on with this at this point, Will.

I know you are the God Father here, and I do appreciate your extended assistance in helping me go forward. I thank you for that!

Less than 72 hours and my Shapeoko3 should be on the Operating Table in the Shed to be Frankensteined together!

i use the 60 deg .25 inch whiteside. And on the post if its a 2 tone i usually just import the PVC file into V-Carve and use the post their. That way i can add words, frames ect.

1 Like

Yes, that’s it…

1 Like

Vectric Vcarve is a commercial program which ought to have its own documentation.

Moreover, there is a link: “installation instructions”: http://www.shapeoko.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7329&p=57904

Totally embarrassing @WillAdams… Not too sure if I mentioned earlier, but I do own VCarve 9.0. Well, I just found out (by playing around in it), that Vectric has now included Shapeoko as a Post Processor in both Inches & mm (their PP files seem to be larger in size than the file location you directed me to), so I’ll just keep them put where they are for duty.

I’m most certain that they have also updated their versions PhotoVCarve as well. And if not, I can just COPY & PASTE mine from my VC9 to PVC (once purchased from them).

I think I have spent enough time on this topic for now at least. Of course one should ensure that their Shapeoko3 functions first before one should enter into to the Virtual World of 3D Carving (without a machine).

Oh well, lesson learnt today. I think I have it from here. Now to figure GIMP 2.10… (LOL)…

Some lake depth fun

10 Likes

Did a controller this weekend, still have a little bit left to do. Just waiting on the warranty to go out on my router to run the remote speed and light. And get the nerve to un solder the resistor to hook the E-Stop up to the machine. Its only hooked to the router now. Thanks to Tshulthise (Tony) for the great ideas and guides! Here is the guide i seen of his on this. Dewalt mod

8 Likes

2’x4’ inlay table of Grand Lake.

4 Likes

9 Likes

Very nice work!

If I may offer some small graphic design / typography suggestions:

• don’t set scripts in all capitals — hard to read and not typically written thus
  • don’t artificially slant typefaces for which you don’t have the actual italic font
  • when setting numbers, check and see if the font offers old-style figures as an option

There’s a bit more at: https://wiki.shapeoko.com/index.php/Designing_for_Fabrication#Text

2 Likes

Beautiful! How did you proceed for the resin inlay ? I’m about to do something similar, and I will take any advice/tip.

Really like the boxes!

I’ll try to do a small write up on the inlay process I use after work today.