Requesting Suggestions for Jewelry Boxes Carving

I am making 4 jewelry boxes for a craft fair. I am making two with box joints an two with double double dovetail joints. Three of them are cherry and 1 is beech. The boxes are 12" X 8" x8".

What I am requesting is what do you suggest I carve on the jewelry boxes and where.

Most jewelry boxes are oriented to women. I am thinking about one with a Harley Davidson logo on the front panel and the other three oriented to women.

What would you suggest I carve? The two double dovetail boxes will be made with Walnut.

MeckAHandcutDBLDT01

Here are the two with box joints cut out. They are oversized on purpose and will cut them down after machining for the captured top. I just use the material width and cut them to size in case any mistakes are made during the machining process.

A pair of interlocked rings for a wedding anniversary is classic and would work well for a husband buying an anniversary gift.

Celtic knotwork is a traditional way to fill a space, or there’s floral designs such as are used for Sheridan leatherwork.

Dragon fly would be nice. Butterfly. Lady bug.
Sun or star patterns

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I worked up a few designs but keep the suggestions coming

This is the front of the box and there is a 2.5" lid above each image.

2 Likes

My daughter immediately preferred the Harley design… Just sayin’ :rofl:

I think I might leave them blank & let the customer choose the design.

1 Like

This site has always been a pretty good resource for images and ideas.

Another design best cut with a 30º or 60º vee bit or laser.

hearts

Or see:

Tod that is a good thought for a recurring vendor. This is a one shot deal for me. I had a job for 55 years and don’t want another one. Thanks though.

Anything that does not sell will be a jump on Christmas gifts.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.