Senior Citizens Club

As a counterpoint here, I bought Vectric VCarve desktop for a project, used it for that one-off, but haven’t used it save for testing and tech support since because I find the interface fussy and busy — even bought the update to v10 (bought in at v8 early enough to get 9 for free, then bought 10).

Currently working through designs using Block/OpenSCAD:

Once I’ve gotten through a few more designs using that technique and finished up the book I’ll be trying some other tools, focusing on opensource design tools which will run on the Raspberry Pi.

3 Likes

Same here only 65, just started with the Nomad 3, Vetrics Vcarve desktop.

Frankly speaking, before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you do criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes! :smiley:

5 Likes

The old ones are the best!

My 2 cents. I have been using Fusion 360 for 5 years now and have not paid a penny for it.

Yes, they recently changed up the free hobbyist version by eliminating rapids and multiple tool jobs. In my particular case, not deal breakers. Just inconvenience’s. Plus, workarounds have been provided by @fenrus.

Given the 3D functionality provided by F360, yes you can export STL’s, I’d think the hobbyist version would suit your purposes well. As you might imagine, the learning curve is quite steep but well worth the effort.

3 Likes

Groucho Marx
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

2 Likes

I’m so old… when I was in school there was no history!

4 Likes

Groucho Marx
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.

1 Like

Nice piece of kit as you all say. If/when I decide to become a true craftsman and utilize edged tools more often I’d most certainly invest in those pieces. Certainly more impressive/capable then my present set up.

4 Likes

Thomas A. Edison
I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.

3 Likes

Winston Churchill
Success is not final.
Failure is not fatal.
It is the courage to continue that counts.

1 Like

@CrookedWoodTex Why do I feel like Dr. Rick is heading over to this group right now?

This is called bumping the thread, but I’ll go dark and y’all can do it.

Yep, that’s my philosophy too: Keep on bumping or it will die :blush:

I’ve been assured @Julien has rights of resuscitation!

2 Likes

Yes, if some evil forum ghost closes the thread, no worries, let me know and I’ll reopen it

3 Likes

Keeping these senior muscles in action (more or less), uping our e-bike game to venture further afield, got a carrier. My wife’s Sondors LX delivers next week, she’s imagining it on the rack, haha. I’m hoping I can convince her to ride.
I’m trying to think of some mods/accessories I can make on my machine. Any ideas?

3 Likes

As I recall, you live in SoCal, but if not, here’s one idea:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.