Set up instructions for bit setter

Just received Bit setter, Have current CM 536, Online instructions do not match and or missing set up options in CM… Anyone?

Wired exactly per the instructions for v2.4e… No dice!!

Check out this thread from yesterday:

I already viewed it before sending my own. I do not have any of the mentioned settings optioned in the settings tab.

Can you grab a screenshot of what you have in your Settings page ?

Don’t you have a bitsetter section under the “Options” tab?

2 Likes

O.K. I got it!

So for those of us who, in order to not make any mistakes, follow the guide/instructions step by step. It’s frustrating when they do not match what is sitting in front of you.

The frustration is not on the support that you guys try to give because you are prompt and very knowledgeable. So by all means don’t take offense but it appears that most everything associated with the software and hardware of this machine, consist of so many procedural differences that it forces the user to do a massive amount of research to find the correct application. People who are not as “technically savvy” find themselves confused and frustrated with a machine that is totally new to them.

It’s unfortunate that the set up and the many different procedures, don’t match the quality of the machine itself. Once you get past all of the different ways to get to the same result, the quality, durability, configuration, optional hardware and tech support is second to none in my opinion.

I realize that with the continuously evolving software and hardware it is difficult to keep up but it’s not impossible. I don’t claim to know everything but I do know that there is always room for improvement.

2 Likes

We are working to get our documentation in synch w/ current versions of the software — anyone w/ issues should contact support@carbide3d.com

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.