Shapeoko 3 XXL in storage for a year

We moved to a new house and I removes the MDF, and the steel base plates before storing. I reassembled the machine today and it appears to be working but I’m concerned that I need to somehow tell Carbide Motion that iot’s a Shapeoko 3 XXL. It’s acting like it a smaller machine. I looked at the settings and it has a number of machine listed Nomad etc but the shapeoko line just says Shapeoko 3. Does that need to be changed to XXL, HOW? Any other settings need to be changed? I’m using the old version of Carbide Motion for Shapeoko 3’s build 368.
The computer I was using a year ago was destroyed in the move so it’s like I’m beginning all over again and at my age, I have forgotten alot…

Connect to the machine but do not initialize. Go to settings. I think the second tab shows up first, at least on mine, uncheck bitsetter. Then go to the first Tab and enter your machine, 3XXL, Z type. On a Shapeoko 3 it could be Belt Z, HDZ or Z-Plus. The HDZ is refereed to as BallScrew and the Z-Plus as LeadScrew. Then Send Configuration. You will have to confirm machine and Z. You will get a confirmation that the configuration was sent. Then initialize. If the initialization completes then jog to your BitSetter if you have one and set your position. Go back to configuration and in second tab check the BitSetter. Initialize again and you are set.

Every time you upgrade CM you need to send the configuration. You are configuring the Shapeoko but also configuring CM.

Please send the configuration per:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.