Shapeoko 4 XXL Feeds & Speeds

I’m new to the CNC world. I’ve had my Shapeoko 4 since Christmas and love it. I’m getting more comfortable each day, but seems like things are going too slow and not cutting deep enough per pass. I know the factory settings for the bit’s feeds & speeds are very conservative. But I’m wondering how far I can increase things and still be safe. For instance, when cutting 3/4” Baltic Birch plywood with an Amana Tool 46200-K 1/8” upcut endmill, what is the most I can cut per pass and at what speed? Same question for the Amana Tool 46202-K 1/4” upcut endmill. Just as a frame of reference, I made a 30 inch diameter clock, with Roman numerals, a family name and date. That clock took over 1-1/2 hours to complete. Seems slow. Thanks!

There is extensive discussion at:

and

and see the videos at:

The Precise Bits folks have an excellent testing technique at:

In the job screen you can increase in 10 percent increments and also decrease. You can also reset to gcode f&s. In CC when you pick tool you can change F&S for a job. You could also make a custom tool with your own f&s.

1 Like

Thanks for the info!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.