Shapeoko 5 pro 4x4 mounting table

hey everyone im looking for some ideas on building a sturdy table for the machine to set on and it has the VFD .

We have a video on this:

and a couple of folks have discussed their builds here.

I just bought one for my 4x2:

1 Like

I just built this base cabinet style table. It was a bit pricey, but has plenty of drawers for end,mills, clamps more. My S5P w/ VFD should arrive next week.

5 Likes

That’s nice !! Do you have drawings or materials list. I’ve got to get mine built mine should be here next week as well it’s in LosAngeles as of tonight.
Also how are you going to figure your pricing of jobs ?

1 Like

Mike, Thank you! I designed it using Adobe Illustrator, but I don’t have the dimensions called out, only a few notes. I don’t really have much experience building cabinets. The cabinet and top are 3/4" Melamine, and Red Oak was used to make the face frame. The drawers are 1/2" MDF with Red Oak faces. I did attach a pdf file if that helps at all. The top measures 62" x 36". cabinet is 59" x 33" x 35" tall.

As for job pricing, I haven’t gotten that far yet: I’m sure whatever I charge won’t be enough. :sweat_smile: It’s mostly going to be a hobby, so if I at least cover my costs, that would be a start.

Good luck on your build my friend.
Work Bench 62 inch.pdf (304.8 KB)

1 Like

I used the largest Rockler Rock-steady bench kit. It is a bit under sized, but I used butcher 2 block tops that overhung slightly on each side to reach the minimum size. I then used the Lowes glue-up panels on 3 sides and bottom to box-in the frame.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.