Shapeoko 5 Problems So Far

If what you said was true, then auto manufacturers wouldn’t offer warranties, let alone extended warranties for their cars. Same goes for homes and other manufactured goods.

1 Like

The machine has a warranty, and we will do our best to work with you to resolve any difficulties which you might have.

4 Likes

And that’s what’s great about these machines is that they stand behind it. Just seems like things get rushed out the door sometimes. Not just Carbide3D. Onefinity is guilty of this as well.

2 Likes

There’s a difference between a warranty to cover things and sending a product out the door with missing parts and wiring that’s backwards. Cars get recalled for that stuff or are subject to lemon laws. My point is only that we should expect a product, one that costs several thousands of dollars, to come wired correctly, complete with all parts, and a manual. I think Carbide3D rushed the Pro 5 out the door due to competition from Onefinity.

Carbide3D is a great company and they stand by their product and have really good customer service! I think they need to pump the brakes and make sure everything is as close to perfect as possible before shipping it out. From what I’ve seen on the interwebs, there have been a lot of issues with the Pro 5. If you’re ok paying full price to be a beta tester, that’s totally fine. Ultimately, I want to see the Pro 5 succeed.

1 Like

The manual is at:

https://my.carbide3d.com/manuals/shapeoko-5-pro/

The balance of things will get addressed — please work w/ us on support@carbide3d.com

This is why I said that. The manufacturing needs to fire the Quality Control person. We have the same kind of problems with each version.

1 Like

Well we got 19 more days (more like 16 more days in my mind) until she gets stuffed back in a box. Within that time there is 6 days of Saturdays + Sundays so that brings us down to 10 more usable days to get this thing running.

I already know William,

support@carbide3d.com

I will be here, available, alive and breathing everyday at 3:30 pm to 10:00 pm EST

The Issues that we are seeing with the Shapeoko 5 Pro are minor for a new product. I used to work for Apple, a company know for scrutinizing every detail prior to the release of a new product. Believe me, when I say every first run product had issues. Stick with it, Carbide 3D will take care of you.

4 Likes

I got the faith. This thing looks like a beast of a machine structurally. And I bought all the toys to go with it. Not to mention all the hours I put into the enclosure, so I’m fully invested.

Brought to you by Miller Lite it seems.

9 Likes

Looks awesome! How’s it working?

I’ve had every version of the iPhone. Never did it it come non-functional or even close. There were SMALL issues which were nearly always software related.

Again, I’m not trying to bash the machine, but it’s clear they rushed it out the door. I’m fully confident they will get it right in the end.

I respectfully appreciate your perspective
As one of the early people to receive an SO5:

1. Wiring harness issues : Carbide3d overnighted new harnesses and updated the documentation
  2. Windows driver issues: Carbide3d released a firmware fix and posted instructions in the forum
  3. Carbide Motion issues: Carbide3d current software supports the SO5.

As someone who has opened a bunch of threads on these issues, I am super impressed at the responsiveness of the team and the community. The SO5 is one heck of a machine and I’m excited as the team works to unlock additional features.

8 Likes

Love the trailer jacks, what a great idea!

3 Likes

Anyone else having cut quality issues?

Support is still looking into it, just curious if i’m the only one

My retirement fund thanks you for your iPhone purchases, :slight_smile: I’m glad your Apple experience was positive. However, Apple dose ship DOA products. Every company does. This is why companies sterilize the component that go into their products so they can track back issues to the suppler/manufacturing stage. Best of luck to you. Hope your machine is up and running soon.

1 Like

I do understand that when someone drops several grand on a machine, they want it to work right away with minimal baloney. That’s totally natural and, frankly, a pretty reasonable expectation. While this is a new machine, it’s not C3D’s first rodeo. But quality companies offer warranties on their products, like C3D does in the case of the SO5. I have little doubt that they are going to make it right for this fellow and everyone else. (Assuming nothing crazy happens like a bankruptcy or something.) By all accounts, C3D has super responsive support mainly via the email address, but also on this and other fora. These kind of flame posts probably feel good to do when in the throws of frustration (and maybe they get attention from the company), but I’d give C3D a generous chance to make it right before I made a big scene in public like this. Just one person’s opinion.

3 Likes

I don’t see any “flame posts” on this thread. I’m sure that someone at C3D monitors this forum and change takes time. Without user’s complaints where would C3D be today?

The only reason for this whole thread is poor quality control, and that usually occurs when manufacturing has the QC function, and shipping is the next department after manufacturing.

3 Likes

I meant the original post itself, not the people replying. I hope he gets the machine straightened out. I see some new posts about it today . . .

Oh, I see. Joseph did use another word for “flame”, so that’s what triggered you to call it a “flame.” :smiley:

I wasn’t picking up on the flame part but I think your rite. This thread is warm if anything, far from toasty.

To keep things from getting anymore sour, I think it’s important to announce that costumer support has been. . . On Fire. . . in regards to solving my issue and I think that’s pretty sweet.

3 Likes