Shapeoko BitSetter (New Product Launch)

We just posted a new product we’ve been working on for a while, the Shapeoko BitSetter, at:

The BitSetter adds the Nomad tool change workflow to Shapeoko for users who do a lot of multi-tool jobs.

We’re launching this one quietly on the forum only for now so you guys get the first shot at getting one.

30 Likes

Very awesome!

P.S.
Is it just me, or is there another product on display in the end of that video?

3 Likes

More details to come on that one (very soon)…

8 Likes

Oh man, Thanks lot for this! I spent so many years zeroing without the XYZ block, and after using it for just the last few months or so I can’t imagine not having it again.

Using diamond PCD bits (diamond is not conductive) has brought me back to “the old days” and zeroing Z with a brass feeler gauge again, and this non-conductive Z-setter is going to be great.

4 Likes

This just made my day…

4 Likes

Dagnabbit, my post-Thanksgiving resolution to stop buying shop stuff (temporarily) didn’t last for 1 day…

Thanks Rob.

RMW

5 Likes

I watched the video, and it explains well enough the BitSetter’s use and it should be a great help.
I use the current Probe to initially set material. What is the upcharge for the splitter?
I think I would continue to use the probe initially and the BitSetter to change the bits during the cutting.
Thanks!
John

1 Like

That’s the intended workflow- the Touch Probe sets the job and the BitSetter manages tool changes.

The splitter is included with the BitSetter

1 Like

Thanks Rob. Guess I just spent another $120 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Order placed, awaiting the arrival

2 Likes

Hey, I need a COUPON CODE!

Just Kidding! Order is Placed:innocent:
Thanks for giving us a heads up.

1 Like

If using Vcarve Pro does this mean I can have all the gcode in 1 process verses a multiple gcode for each job tasks.

1 Like

That’s exactly the point of BitSetter. Put all of your toolapths in one file and let the machine handle the change in lengths.

2 Likes

Ordered. … THANKS

Christmas just came early! My VCarve Pro question was addressed above thankfully.
Can’t wait.

Ordered! Can’t wait to start using it!

The default Vectric post processor might not support tool changes, but I believe someone was saying it’s not difficult to mod the post processor to support it.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know. Just ordered. It was about $148.00 with tax and shipping (3 day select UPS). Looking forward to getting it.

Yes @neilferreri modified both inch and mm PP for Vectric and posted in another thread.

4 Likes