Shapeoko BitSetter (New Product Launch)

I figured that was just another one of Winston’s projects. :rofl::sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile:

Well, if it’s not the clamps, I’m just as lost as you. :slight_smile:

The clamps, they also had the C3D logo etched on the side; so made me think it would be a product in the future. It also seems like each row was an iteration of prototyping/design

7 Likes

Dan, you have Eagle Eyes! I guess I will have to get my magnifying glass out the next time I watch one of his videos.

Hmm don’t see the new one . Blind :grinning:

Oh boy, I really need to stop tinkering with my machine and focus on using it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK I got one coming now too guess we all love our toys lol

1 Like

looks super functional. I will look into ordering one soon.
Are there plans to keep these in stock on a regular basis?

The plan is not to run out :grinning:

That said we have only announced it on here.

2 Likes

I’m about to switch over to using CNCjs. I’d like to purchase this and try to get it working with CNCjs, do you think this is doable? I figure we would need the process that is used to set the z and recreate that in a macro.

1 Like

I suspect @neilferreri will chime in soon. He’s a CNCjs macro ninja :blush:. He’s on GitHub if you want to check that out.

4 Likes

Just arrived … Thanks Carbide 3D … now reading the instructions … question, why is the bitsetter mounted on the front right side verses the left side?

Can It be mounted on the left? All these wires here and there.

You can mount it anywhere on the front rail.

3 Likes

Mounting it on the right, with the wires routed behind/under the front rail would keep it mostly out of the way. If you’re like me, you tend to use the left side of the machine more often than the right. The button is on the left side, so mounting on the extreme right keeps the majority of the housing out of the machinable area.

2 Likes

Thanks Neil, my mindset was changing bit where I do most of my work and less wire runs. Then when I placed the bitsetter … DUH … it crossed my mind … my Suckit would hit it if I didn’t pay close attention. You just confirmed that the right side will be out of the work space even though I would have to wait for the gantry to move to the far right, it beats hitting the off switch cause the dust boot is banging against the bitsetter.

1 Like

So I take it you would have to lift a dustboot if installed to change the end mill, use the bit setter and then lower the dustboot to the same height as before, then start it up again? Just want to make sure that’s the process. I have not yet built my XXL as I’m in the process of finishing the enclosure.

Depends on the boot, but yep, if you move the boot to change a bit, you have to move the boot… no brainer.

I ordered mine, I hate to say this but I paid $18 something for shipping is that ok? Sounded kinda of high for a little box to WI… not to dis, at all I payed it… but sometimes I notice that I get screwed for my zip code for some dumb reason I live in WestCentral WI. Maybe why, remember I just want to see…

1 Like

Yep, try sending international, I paid $32 shipping plus $30 for custom brokerage fee.

1 Like

EDIT 3: Aaaand it was delivered by UPS, not USPS. Oops! I’m sure they have the same style map, but I am tired and don’t feel like looking itup right now.

I paid $12.75 to just north of Seattle, WA. Looks like from this chart, you’re at the far end of the beating stick. Shipping cost map. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Updated the map to the correct originating zip code (assuming items ship from the zip listed on the “contact us” page)

EDIT 2: Mine will be delivered today! :smiley: