Shapeoko USB pendant using Joy 2 Key

Morning,

I built myself a usb pendant using some hardware I got off Amazon. I have got it all configured and it works using Joy2Key. However, I am having difficulty in getting it to continually jog an axis in a smooth fashion when the button or joystick are held. I know Carbide Motion5 supports controllers, but it does not look like it will work with mine. Any advice would be appreciated.

2 Likes

I did a very, very similar thing recently ;

and I did not have to customize anything to support CM’s smooth jog functionality.

Which version of CM did you test it with ?

Maybe keyboard repeat rate is set too low at OS level ?

1 Like

I’m not that smart…can someone make me understand why go through this trouble (and there are dozens of various posts on this subject) when a wireless keyboard ($12) serves as your keyboard AND a remote pendant…and its WIRELESS???

pointless fun ?
(and, the ability to make a custom pendant with the minimal amount of keys/buttons required. But mostly, pointless fun)

In CM4 there was a “hidden API” that if reverse engineered could enable you to write say a python, or C# script to act as console. This would allow you to basically assign any button, or key, to a CM software command. That said it’s now gone in CM5 as the entire architecture of the software changed. There definitely was a couple good reasons for this as pointed out by the CM folks, but still no API as of yet…

I bring this up because an API would allow us to develop pendents at will, and since it would require a third party program it could remove liability and support from CM. Hopefully once CM5 is officially in the wild we can convince someone to start working on this.

2 Likes

My reasoning was two fold. 1. I already had the hardware, 2. To see if I could. The fun part was just added bonus.

I was testing it with CM5, and that maybe my problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.